Welcome to the MIDI Chord Challenge: Grammy Winner Edition!
This is your chance to showcase your creativity and musical skills by reinterpreting the MIDI chord stems of this year’s Grammy award-winning songs.
To enter the contest, you must first download the free MIDI chord pack of the Grammy award-winning songs from this year by filling out this form:
Once you have the MIDI chord pack, you can use the chord progressions to create a track that showcases your unique style and sound.
Here are the rules for the contest:
- You must use at least one MIDI chord progression provided to create your track. You can add your own melodies, drums, and other elements, but the chord progressions must come from the MIDI chord pack. You may also change the key, the tempo, the octave, or style, or rhythm of the chords.
- Your track must be original and not infringe on any copyright laws. You can use any genre or style you like, but the track must be your own creation.
- You can submit only one entry to the contest. If you submit multiple entries, only the first one will be considered.
- Your track must be at least 2:30 seconds long.
- You must submit your via boombox by uploading the audio file as a project and @mentioning pro-feedback@boombox in the comment of the track you would like judged along with the words “MIDI Chord Challenge”
- The contest is open to anyone who downloads the MIDI chord pack and creates a track using it.
- The winner will be chosen in a live feedback session in Discord on April 21st, 2023, based on creativity, originality, and overall quality of the track.
The winner of the Grammy Winning MIDI Chord Challenge will receive a $250 gift card of their choice.
The deadline for submissions is April 20th. The winner will be announced on live on April 21st Live.
Good luck and happy creating!